How many pointless and boring meetings do we have to go to? It’s insufferable and wastes so much time and money. I am tired of managers that do dull or dumb meetings, aren’t you? Dave Barry says, “If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be meetings.”
The reality is dull or dumb meetings exist and will continue to do so. Some say half of the 13 billion meetings held worldwide each year are really bad. These things suck the life out of you. What can you do about this? Here are some quick thoughts:
- Send some other poor soul.
- Fake getting sick during a meeting.
- Lie and say you have another meeting-people will believe that.
- Try hiding for a few hours.
- Don’t go to work the day of most of your meetings.
Seriously, as much as these points have potential, the inevitable happens – there will be another meeting. What can you […]