People are in trouble from Big Data, it’s the forefront of an attack on the importance of people in organizations. See the quotes below:
- Expert Bernard Marr says, “…everything we do is increasingly leaving a digital trace (or data), which we (and others) can use and analyze. Big Data therefore refers to that data being collected and our ability to make use of it.”
- “Information is the oil of the 21st century, and analytics is the combustion engine.” – Peter Sondergaard, Senior Vice President, Gartner Research
- “Data really powers everything that we do.” – Jeff Weiner CEO, LinkedIn
- “Data are becoming the new raw material of business.” – Craig Mundie, Senior Advisor to the CEO at Microsoft.
- “I keep saying that the sexy job in the next 10 years will be statisticians. And I’m not kidding.” – Hal Varian, Chief Economist at Google
- “Without big data, you are blind and deaf and in the middle of a freeway.” – Geoffrey Moore, author and consultant.
- “Data is the new science. Big Data holds the answers.” – Pat Gelsinger, COO of EMC
- “Torture the data, and it will confess to anything.” – Ronald Coase, Economics, Nobel Prize Laureate
- “Data beats emotions.” – Sean Rad, CEO of Tinder
Predicting the future, Steven Hawking told the BBC, “The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race.”
Big Data is the new god. With theinternet of things- numbers, facts, figures, information and data is catapulting forward to dominate business and our lives. It’s as if people don’t matter that much any more. Today they are called human capital. Why is it that the people of things is so discounted? As a result leadership languishes, employees are more disengaged, trust is absent, innovation suffers, customer service is mediocre at best, teamwork is a misnomer and productivity sags. Thank goodness, a new species of leaders has emerged to challenge this approach. High tech can’t leave high touch behind. What do you think? Are you one of them?
If you want to elevate people and inspire them, check out these resources:
See this new complimentary new eBook: Coaching for Results.
If you are a manager or employee subscribe to the Superstar Leadership Blog for over 380 complimentary resources for professional development.
Want to accelerate your career? Consider one Rick’s books in the Superstar Book Series for a boost.
Want to accelerate your team’s success or career advancement? For coaching help contact Rick at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-313-0514